I was reading an article by a colleague of mine, Reverend Timothy Jones, and I realized that I had never done a blog on secondhand smoke.
Lets look at some facts:
– Sitting in a smoky room for two hours equals inhaling four cigarettes
– People working in smoking bars and restaurants have a 50% higher risk of lung cancer
– Spending 24 hours in a smokers house equals inhaling three cigarettes, as does spending one hour in a smokers car
– Smoke going directly into the air from the burning end of the cigarette has more harmful chemicals in it than smoke inhaled by the smoker through the filter
– Children who breathe and second hand smoke have a greater risk of dying from sudden infant death syndrome and developing chronic ear infections
There is no safe level of secondhand smoke. I tell you these things not because you should try to talk a smoker out of smoking. They have to want to quit for themselves. However, it is your choice if you want to expose yourself to secondhand smoke and you need to have knowledge about the consequences of doing so.
If you or someone you love really wants to quit, hypnosis makes it much easier. Give us a call and let us help you breathe fresher.
I’m Roberta Fernandez, a Board Certified hypnotist and Certified Trainer at FARE Hypnosis, helping you take back control, by unlocking the power of your mind to reach your goals of any kind.