How to Choose a Hypnosis School
How to choose a hypnosis school? Great question! There is no degree in hypnosis and no licensure (A therapist may claim licensure, but it is in therapy, not hypnosis). So how do you evaluate and compare the instructors and schools that offer hypnosis training?
Choosing a school, a program and an instructor
doesn’t have to be challenging when you know what questions to ask!
Though we are the only licensed school in Minnesota, we’ve put together a checklist of items to ask to help you compare “apples to oranges” if you are considering an out of state school:
- Is the school licensed by the state in which it operates? In Minnesota, if you teach a class longer than 20 hours you are required by law to be a licensed school. You will know this because provisions of licensing is required on all materials and and enrollment forms. You can look here for a list of licensed career schools in the state. If they are not on the list, they are not licensed. (*see more below)
- Does the facility have a comfortable, dedicated classroom environment?
- Is the certification from an established national organization, like the National Guild of Hypnotists, or is the certification offered by a lone practitioner/trainer?
- Does the school’s certification offer Standards of Practice, a Code of Ethics and Client Bill of Rights by which you should ethically operate?
- What kind of ongoing training and support does the school offer after graduation?
- Does the school allow you to retake the training as a refresher after graduation?
- Is the course dedicated to teaching only hypnosis and hypnosis practice information?
- What hypnosis styles and techniques are taught? (Ex: modern or classical, Elman, Erickson, NLP)
- Is regular time allowed for supervised and critiqued practice?
- Does the course instructor use hypnosis with clients on a regular basis?
- Who certified the course instructor? Ask them how they felt about their training.
- How many hours of actual class time ? (Minimum of 80-100)
- Does the course offer self hypnosis instruction?
- What kinds of issues will I be able to address upon graduation?
At The FARE Hypnosis Center, the same values are applied to our students as we apply to the clients we serve. KITE – Knowledge, Integrity, Trust and Empowerment – a perfect hypnotic metaphor for reaching great heights and freedom for our students.
Call us today for answers at 952-934-1315, then check with the rest. We encourage you to look around because we are confident that the courses and instruction offered at The FARE Hypnosis Center will help you become a confident and competent
* Being a licensed school is a big deal. First, not doing it is against the law. Secondly, it speaks to integrity. A school must jump through many hoops (lots of paperwork, reporting and fees and bonding) to be and stay licensed. If you get taken advantage of, you will have little recourse (except for a civil suit).
The FARE Hypnosis Center is a private career school licensed with the Minnesota Office of Higher Education pursuant to Minnesota Statutes, sections 136A.821 to 136A.832. Licensure is not an endorsement of the institution. Credits earned at The FARE Hypnosis Center may not be transferable to other institutions.
Licensure protects your rights. As a licensed institution, we have regulations regarding enrollment, refund and cancellation policies, authorized programs, and maintenance of records. Our programs and course descriptions have been reviewed by the State of Minnesota Office of Higher Education. While this is not the same as accreditation and the state does not offer a guarantee of quality instruction for licensed institutions, our investment in this process illustrates our dedication and integrity in providing the most comprehensive instruction and follow up support to enable your success.