Hypnosis for Caregiver Stress
Caring for others, whether a health professional or not, can be exhausting
Trained health professionals are trained in how to provide care for others, yet seldom take the time to do so for themselves. As a result, valuable aides, nurses and doctors suffer burnout and lose productivity and satisfaction in their jobs.
Individuals not trained in caregiving, may find themselves taking on the responsibility of caring for an aging parent, sibling or child with mental or physical issues.
Add on the daily demands of their own life, and it’s easy to see how the stress becomes a factor for the caregivers.
Many factors increase the health risk for the all types of caregivers:
- Social isolation
- Conflicting emotions – frustration, guilt, anger, stress, sadness
- Financial difficulties
- Lack of coping and problem solving skills
- Exhaustion and lack of sleep
- Distracting with alcohol or drugs
- Weight gain or loss
- Lack of physical activity and pleasurable events