Beliefs are ideas that you accept without proof that are based on personal experiences that help you understand your world. But accepting beliefs without questioning them may cause problems with how you view the world and the people in it.
It is often old, outdated beliefs that cause conflict within you. Perhaps when you were five or six that belief worked for you, but now, 20, 40 or 60 years later, it’s still trying to shape your perspective and it no longer works for you. More than likely the belief has become a habitual way of thinking or being, rather than a thoughtful way of living.
Here’s a challenge for you. Complete this sentence for each of these categories: Love, family, politics, religion, career. “I believe that love…….(ex: should last forever; is a given between siblings; only comes around once in life.)
When you’ve filled in the blank for each of the 5 categories, ask yourself these questions:
- Where did I get/learn this belief? (Is it mine or did someone give it to me?)
- Is it really true for me at this point in time?
- Does this belief serve me in a way that benefits me?
- Does it elevate me to my true potential or desired way of being?
- And for #’s 2-4 – If so, why? If not, what might be a better way to look at it?
I hope you find some interesting answers!
I’m Roberta Fernandez, a Board Certified hypnotist and Certified Trainer at FARE Hypnosis, helping you take back control, by unlocking the power of your mind to reach your goals of any kind.