How to Choose a Hypnosis School
How to choose a hypnosis school? Great question! There is no degree in hypnosis and no licensure (Unless you are a licensed therapist). So how do you evaluate and compare the instructors and schools that offer hypnosis training?
We’ve put together a checklist of items to help you compare “apples to oranges”:
- Is the school licensed by the state in which it operates?
- Does the facility have a comfortable, dedicated classroom environment?
- Is the certification from an established national organization, like the National Guild of Hypnotists, or is the certification offered by a lone practitioner/trainer?
- Does the school’s certification offer Standards of Practice, a Code of Ethics and Client Bill of Rights by which you should ethically operate?
- What kind of ongoing training and support does the school offer after graduation?
- Does the school allow you to retake the training as a refresher after graduation?
- Is the course dedicated to teaching only hypnosis and hypnosis practice information?
- What hypnosis styles and techniques are taught? (Ex: modern or classical, Elman, Erickson, NLP)
- Is regular time allowed for supervised and critiqued practice?
- Does the course instructor use hypnosis with clients on a regular basis?
- Who certified the course instructor?
- How many hours of actual class time ? (Minimum of 80)
- Does the course offer self hypnosis instruction?
- What kinds of issues will I be able to address upon graduation?
Use this checklist when making your comparisons.
Choosing a school, a program and an instructor doesn’t have to be challenging when you know what questions to ask.
Call us today for answers at 952-934-1315, then check with the rest. We encourage you to look around because we are confident that the courses and instruction offered at The FARE Hypnosis Center will help you become a confident and competent Consulting Hypnotist!